Slow Art Day 2020 in light of Covid-19 – a note to the Slow Art Day community

In light of the rapidly escalating global situation around COVID-19, we at Slow Art Day HQ reached out to our global network of hosts to find out whether 1) they were still planning to proceed with their scheduled event on April 4, and, if not, 2) whether we should postpone Slow Art Day to a later date this year.

We heard from many of our hosts that given their particular circumstances – size, location, audience – they plan to proceed with Slow Art Day on Saturday, April 4. However, many of our hosts have also been forced to or chosen to cancel their events. Given the approximately 50/50 split in responses, we have decided to go ahead with Slow Art Day on April 4, with only those venues which feel comfortable hosting an event continuing to take part.

For venues which have already cancelled, or will be forced to cancel in the coming weeks, we will schedule a second Slow Art Day later in the year. We do not know exactly when this alternate date will be, as we cannot say when things will be back to normal on a global level. We are, however, tentatively hoping to schedule for a Saturday in late September or early October.

Please check the list of 2020 venues to see which individual events have been cancelled for now and which are going ahead on April 4. This list will be updated continuously.

As many of our hosts reminded us, we all benefit from art and access to art, even and perhaps especially in times of public crisis. We hope you are in a safe place where you will be able to join a nearby Slow Art Day event on April 4. That being said, we also urge you to exercise an abundance of caution when deciding whether to take part in public gatherings.

We wish you all a safe, healthy and happy Slow Art Day, either on April 4 or on a date TBD.

Please get in touch with us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

– The Slow Art Day team

Comments are closed.